Kongsberg Innovation has long experience in developing startups and growth companies. Funding is critical for any business. We do early-stage investments, support you in the process of securing public funding and connect you with investors.
Kongsberg Innovation offers financial and sweat-for-equity investments to selected high-potential incubator companies. We strongly believe in an active ownership and invest only in companies that can benefit from the expertise offered by Kongsberg Innovation and our industrial network.
Investment criteria’s. The company:
- Offers/develops a technological solution to an industrial problem
- Has high global growth potential
- Offers/develops a sustainable solution
- Has an attractive and clear business model
- Contributes to value creation in Norway
- Has a strong and ambitious team
- Can show a clear exit strategy
N2 Applied AS
One of our incubator companies
Why use Kongsberg Innovation as your funding partner?
We have long experience in developing startups and growth companies. Between 2017 and 2020, members of our industry incubator raised NOK 504 million equity and NOK 192 million in contract and public funding. We can help you with:
- Access to early-stage financial and sweat-equity investments from Kongsberg Innovation
- Access to our network of investors
- Public funding applications
- Building your investment case and preparing for investment processes
It is time-consuming to search and apply for national and international funding. Kongsberg Innovation can help you select and apply for the right programs.
We have expertise in both Norwegian schemes and SME relevant EU schemes, such as:
- Innovation Norway
- Norwegian Research Council
- Regional Research grants
We offer a wide range of services from full grant writing support to quality assurance on applications.
Examples of service:
- Workshops to identify relevant funding schemes
- Funding strategy
- Write grant applications
- QA and coaching for companies that writes their own applications
- Build grant application skills in your organization
One of our incubator companies
Kongsberg Innovation has a close collaboration with the most important Norwegian seed and VC funds, in addition to several international funds and private investors. An important part of our incubator program is investor readiness training. We know what professional investors looks for and we will build the investment case with you, prepare you for pitch and due diligence and connect you with investors when you are ready.
Our active investments
We invest in high potential startups all over Norway:
- Scale Protection – Harstad, Troms and Finnmark
- Dimeq – Bremanger, Vestland
- X-Trainer – Drammen, Viken
- Vasshella Flexibles – Kongsberg, Viken
- PowUnit – Kongsberg, Viken
- Brudelie Green Mobility – Hokksund, Viken
- Kyoto Group – Oslo
- Kitemill – Voss, Vestland
- Applied Autonomy- Kongsberg, Viken
- Kongsberg Ferrotech – Kongsberg, Viken
- N2 Applied – Svene, Viken, Oslo
- ProfMOF – Oslo
- Kongsberg Beam Technology – Kongsberg, Viken, Oslo
- Funzionano – Porsgrunn, Vestfold and Telemark
- Ably Medical – Ålesund, Møre and Romsdal
NCE Kongsberg Cluster is one of the European gold labeled clusters.
3616 Kongsberg, Norway
Kongsberg Innovasjon AS
P. O. Box 1027
3601 Kongsberg, Norway